For the first annual THON Alumni Wars, past captain committees will compete against each other to fundraise For The Kids®. From Sunday, February 14th until the end of THON Weekend, past captains can fundraise on their own THON Nation DonorDrive page benefitting their old committee. Additionally, past and current captains committees are encouraged to watch the THON Weekend Livestream together to earn extra Alumni Wars points! The winning committee will be announced during THON Thanks You Week, which will occur in March.
Points will be awarded based off:
- Number of past captains participating in the fundraising challenge
- Amount fundraised on the Group Fundraising page
- Number of past and current captains present during Zoom activities (screenshot must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you already have a fundraising page, get ready to promote it during the week of Alumni Wars!
If you have not yet created your own fundraising page, please follow these instructions:
- Click here to get started
- Click “register now”
- Click “participant”
- Click “join a team”
- Click “search”
- Enter the committee name that you are fundraising for:
- Alumni Engagement and Development can register under “Donor & Alumni Relations”
- Event Safety and Fundraising Safety can register under “Rules and Regulations”
- Enter your personal information
- Get ready to start fundraising!
Be sure to check out our fundraising tips and tricks here!
Here are some sample captions to use when promoting your DonorDrive page:
“THON Weekend is in x days and I need your support! During my time as a Penn State student, I was a THON Captain, which allowed me to join 16,500 student volunteers in the fight against childhood cancer. Today, I am asking you to join me in this fight by donating to my fundraising page. By supporting THON, you are empowering a community of Penn State volunteers to take action in the fight, so that one day we may dance in celebration of a cure. Thank you for your support #AlumniFTK”
“Growing up is a beautiful thing, let’s fight for it. As a proud Penn State Alum and former THON Captain, I have been grateful to have the opportunity to enhance the lives of children and families impacted by childhood cancer. You can join me in the fight against childhood cancer by donating to my fundraising page. Together, we can make a difference in the life of a child. Thank you for your support #AlumniFTK”
Here are some good times to get together over Zoom:
- Friday 6:20PM: Line dance teaching
- Friday 8:30PM: Celebrity guest performance
- Saturday 6:00PM: Alumni Hour Presented by the Penn State Alumni Association
- Saturday 7:00PM: Pep Rally Presented by the Penn State Alumni Association
- Saturday 8:30PM: Celebrity guest performance
- Sunday 12:00PM: Final Four
- Sunday 4:00PM: Total Reveal
- Crowd engagement and other events can be found in the Spectator Guide here
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com